Thursday, December 3, 2009

Life Destrying Lies that keep us from knowing God's Will. Part 1."God is Punishing me."

Life destroying lies that keep man from knowing God's will.

Part 1

"God is Punishing me"


I am beginning this study with plan's to share the biblical facts, common misconceptions in society , and my opinions. I pray for the Holy Spirit's guidance and ability to discover much from God's Word. I pray for the Glory to God I am able to pass the truth on to someone who needs to know it.


I first thought about this study after seeing a tract about reasons people feel that God doesn't want them. Currently I have some down time, having recently had surgery on my mouth. I am able to devote this extra time to this study.


Most of us have heard the excuses before; "God is punishing me", "God can never use me. I don't qualify", "God is fed up with me", or "I'll never be happy".


Today I am looking at the lie "God is punishing me". That very phrase makes me laugh, also it upsets me. People today are whinny. Looking for a reason to distance themselves from Christ so that they may be on their own program. How dare you blame My God for something, so that you can excuse yourself from free worship.

I believe that our misfortunes are not punishments of God for sin. They are blessings of God in disguise for our good in some way. I studied the story of Job. Job, by today's' standards suffered a lot. He lost his family and all his worldly possessions. What good could come from this? How would the average person of society today react in Job's Position? God used Job's misfortunes for Job's own good.

Romans 8:28 says "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose"


In John 9:1-7 Jesus explains to His disciples that the blind man's condition, being blinded from birth, was not a result of sin. This was so the works of God might be displayed in him.


Bottom Line. Everyone suffers sometimes. It's not all about you. God lets us suffer to make us more mature. As I close on this topic for tonight read the following passage(s)


Hebrew 5:7-9

7 In the days of His flesh, He offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His piety. 8 Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered. 9 And having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation,


Jesus suffered the most. We should always love and thank Him for it.


to be continued.....................

1 comment:

  1. The best, BEST picture of this is the story of Joseph. He was thrown in a well by his brothers, sold into slavery, accused of adultery, thrown into prison, forgotten. His trials led him to become 2nd in command of EGYPT! All throughout his story, the Bible repeats one phrase: "and the Lord was with Joseph." As I read it, it almost seemed laughable... See More, but then I remember, through the toughest of trials the Lord is there. He has a BIGGER picture in mind. Joseph's faith never waivered and he went through much tougher times than we will probably ever realize, AND we have a 10' tall roman cross to remind us that the Lord is with us. Good blog.

    ReplyDelete