Monday, May 14, 2012

I keep hearing....................

............... " It's a great problem to have! "


As most of my close friends know, I have been working with an new electrical contractor since November 2011. Shortly before they hired me, I finished a six month hiring process with Anheuser Busch. 1000 people applied for the job Anheuser offered me. I was one of 25 out of 1000 applicants hired. For part time.

I officially started Anheuser with an orientation in January 2012. After working on the floor, doing my duty.... for three months, I was asked if I was interested in interviewing for a full time position.

?? WHAT ??

I know guys that have been working part time as a "weekender" for 5-10 years! I mean, the shortest period I've ever known someone to work weekends is 2 years!

"Absolutely, I would love to interview for the position."

PIPE DREAM:  70 applicants. 12 positions. Many applicants have been with Busch for over 2 years.

One week later:

I was offered a full time position. I may have set a plant record for weekender to full time status.

  • My salary stands to go up $8 an hour.
  • Up to 10 weeks vacation a year
  • 16 paid holidays
  • Option to work as much or as little overtime as I want
  • Union Retirement fund separate from 401K
  • Great 401K
  • Decent Insurance
  • Set schedule
  • No travel
  • Home everyday with my family
  • Many, Many discounts and services as an AB employee

NOW.

My current employer is willing to do "Whatever it takes" to keep me.




TO BE CONTINUED...............................................................................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment