Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chewing on God's word.

I was thinking earlier this evening about my time in God's word. Pondering on the passages I had read last night and during my lunch break today.


Chewing. That's what I was doing.


I thought about how glad I was that I have an opportunity to do daily, something that is illegal in some parts of the world. Possess and read the Bible.


I am thankful to be able to sit, every Sunday under a pretty good group of Bible believing, Bible teaching men.


About that. Speaking of chewing. It's great to sit back and be fed the word. But, there comes a point when you have to take the spoon. You've got to learn to feed yourself. 


What I mean is, after you've heard a message at Church. Go home, open your bible and feed. Chew on something until you can swallow it. 


Look at is this way. What do you call someone who has to be fed every meal? Maybe a... baby?


It's simply not enough to go to church every Sunday and have someone feed you. You need time in the Word daily.


What would that look like in your life? For me it meant squeezing in several sessions a day. I think 4-5 chapters a day is decent. However, if you get on one verse and it really speaks to you, that's fine too.


Remember, it's not how many verses you read, it's how many you hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment